Monday, January 26, 2009

#15 On Library 2.0 & Web 2.0 ...

I have read all of the perspectives on Library 2.0(seriously I did, just so I can compare notes and get good opinions and ideas). I strongly agree with what Dr Wendy Schultz said (if you've read it you know what I meant because I am not going to elaborate it on my blog). I find them so exciting and inspiring. The way and the lightning speed the technology is going I think it's fair that we as library staff should be willing to learn and know as much as we possibly can about this library 2.0(remember they are already talking about Library 3.0 and 4.0). Library as service provider should be prepared to utilise a more advance technology and staff should be very knowledgeable and capable of applying all the tools available in order to provide a much better and efficient service to our patrons. I think Library 2.0 and beyond will be very beneficial for such library services as cataloguing, ILL, storage of magnitude datas and other online services such as email, chat, research, etc..I am always interested and get very excited about any new technology (i wish I don't have to grow any older because I hate to think I am leaving all these tech. behind when I leave this world, can I take them with me?).

No comments: